Principal & National Cyber Practice Leader, Hub International Ontario Limited
Patrick is the National Cyber Practice Leader for HUB International Canada. As an insurance coverage expert, he provides technical expertise in the analysis, placement and negotiation of various management risk insurance coverages including professional liability, crime and directors’ & officers’ liability Insurance but with an emphasis on cyber liability insurance. Patrick’s cyber liability insurance practice includes advising clients on how best to align breach response planning with insurance and risk mitigation solutions. Patrick also provides claims expertise and assists clients by managing and advocating on their behalf.
A graduate of Windsor Law School in 1997, Patrick began his career as an associate lawyer practicing law with a regional law firm. After moving to Toronto to work for a national law firm, he joined the Legal and Claims Department of London Guarantee Insurance Company, specializing in Directors' and Officers' coverage, Technology and Miscellaneous Professional Liability, Employment Practice Liability, and Fidelity Claims Management. Prior to joining HUB, Patrick was a Claims Lawyer for the Financial and Professional Services Group at Travelers Insurance Company and its predecessor companies. He is a licensed lawyer and Member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, a Member of International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), and has been a part-time instructor at both Sheridan College and Humber College, where he has taught courses on law for business managers. Patrick has authored several publications in the areas of commercial insurance coverage and has been a frequent speaker at conferences and symposiums focusing on Cyberliability Insurance both in Canada and the U.S.
Current Responsibilities at HUB
- National Cyber Practice Leader and technical expert for HUB International Canada Insurance Brokers
- Reviews management risk practice exposures for clients and assist with risk placement analysis including input/reviews/assessments on insurance policy wordings, policy interpretations and policy endorsements.
- Promotes and markets management risk practice to clients/prospective clients, including updates on reported claims, the provision of ongoing assessments/analysis of trends and issues (i.e., legislative, claims, coverage) and the preparation of white papers and industry advisory updates to be used both internally and externally.
- Executive broker servicing several professional liability insurance programs and commercial clients with a focus on cyber and management risk
- Provide stewardship and advocacy for client claims in management risk practice.
Previous Company Experience
- LL.B, University of Windsor Law School
- BA (Hons), McGill University
- Registered Insurance Broker of Ontario
Memberships/ Affiliations/ Professional Designations
- Law Society of Upper Canada, Member since 1999
- International Association of Privacy Professionals, Member