Registration and virtual orientation
Keynote: Growing for gold
In this session, you will hear from 2x Olympic hockey gold medalist as she shares insight into the work invested to reach her goal – which wouldn’t have been possible without her teammates. This is collaborative leadership at its finest.
2x Olympic Gold Medalist , Canadian Women’s National Ice Hockey Team
Fireside chat: Diversity and inclusion initiatives that are working
It’s been a year with disappointment and lost battles, but also moments of freeing change and hope. As an industry, it’s important that we continue to have candid conversations about how we can tangibly move forward and grow together through diversity, equity and inclusion. In this session, we will hear from select transformational leaders on key initiatives that are moving the pendulum forward.
- The problem with positive discrimination
- Creating a truly inclusive culture – what’s working?
- Companies & programs that stand out in terms of DEI
- Where are we failing as an industry?
Chief Operating Officer, Enkompass Power and Energy Corp , President, TIWA
President , Lloyd’s Canada, Inc.
CEO & President , Swiss Re Canada and English Caribbean
Panel: Choosing resilience
Resilience is a buzz word in our culture right now – but especially as we enter a post-COVID business environment, it proves to be an important trait for leaders looking to excel. This session will feature industry leaders as they share moments that required resilience and the skills they leaned upon to succeed.
- What is resilience and how can you develop your own level of resilience?
- What essential techniques can you use for resilience training?
- Self-awareness, mental agility, optimism, and other traits to focus on
- Tips for how to cope with stress and use it to perform better
General Counsel & Chief Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Officer , Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
President, North America Middle Market , Liberty Mutual Insurance
Senior Vice President, Ontario Market , Desjardins
VP of Distribution and Marketing , CNA
Senior Vice President, Regional Sales Director , Aon
Networking and lunch break
Breakout Session – Carry on the conversation
Let’s talk about long term stress: the good, the bad and the burnout
Presented by CNA
Vice President, Human Resources , CNA
Panel: Strategies for a remote workforce: How insurance leaders can make a difference in mental health
With an increase in reported mental health issues among employees during the COVID-19 crisis, companies are now shifting their priority towards employee well-being. Especially in a hybrid or even fully remote workspace, what behaviors can employers incorporate to create a safer, more supportive workplace culture? How can the insurance industry move the conversation on mental health from discussion into action, so that it becomes the “norm”? In this session, we will discuss best practices for creating a positive work environment that truly supports your team.
- Developing effective initiatives to manage mental health and stress for a remote workforce
- Establishing a culture of support through empathetic leadership
- Mindfulness, ERG groups, and other tools to help find balance
- Creating psychological safety in the C-Suite
Senior Advisor - Partner , Lloyd Sadd Insurance Brokers Ltd.
Chief Agent of Canada , Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (AGCS)
Chief People Officer , Aviva Canada
VP Sales & Distribution Ontario & Atlantic Region , Northbridge Insurance
Creativity & its radical impact on team cohesion, engagement, and your leadership
Creativity is not just for kids and artists. Universally touted as the skill you and your company need to survive and thrive this decade, creativity is an elemental, human gift. Leaders who prioritize creativity drive better individual and organization results, team cohesion, engagement, decreased turnover, increased job satisfaction and performance and even profitability. But what does that everyday creativity in the workplace look like, and how do you utilize it to stand out as a leader?
- Comparing divergent to convergent creativity
- What barriers and obstacles prevent individual creativity?
- Exploring the Creative Problem Solving framework and how it applies to you
- What are the benefits of leading with creativity on organizational performance?
Creativity Expert , Artfulscience
Women in Insurance Awards and networking break
Panel: The Opportunity of Mentorship
If we’ve learned anything this past year, it’s the importance of support, connection, and relationships. Quality mentoring and guidance can have powerful positive effects on personal and professional growth and development. Hear from a panel of brokers who have benefitted from being mentored or mentoring others, and learn the value of these relationships in connection to confidence, social, and economic opportunity and growing your professional network.
Chief Operating Officer , Insurance Brokers Association of Ontario (IBAO)
Private Client Sales Broker , Marsh Canada
Senior Vice President Personal Insurance , HUB International
Personal Lines Account Executive , McDougall Insurance & Financial
Panel: Innovation: Evolving as an insurance market
Especially after a shocking year, innovation in the workplace remains necessary to stay relevant and competitive amidst rapidly changing markets. How can companies create a culture of innovation and skillfully lead? What technological changes will companies and leaders likely need to embrace to be successful? Hear from key leaders as they share how the insurance industry has progressed in 2021 and where we are heading.
- How has innovation played a role in your company and leadership principles?
- Finding client success in a remote world
- Virtual leadership: communicating without face-to-face interactions
- What we can expect to see in insurance in 2022 and beyond
AVP - Distribution , Berkley Canada
Broker Engagement Leader , APOLLO Insurance
Chief Sales Officer , Allianz Global Assistance Canada
President , Cansure